What does CLP offer?
Coastal Learning Partnership is a Multi Academy Trust of 16 schools across the Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and Dorset Local Authority areas. It is a diverse group of schools from within the primary phase – a mix of infant, junior, primary, church and community schools serving very different catchment areas. CLP’s member schools benefit from:
- Effective leadership arrangements in which Headteachers work in close partnership, influencing the Trust's ongoing development.
- Strong, practical networking arrangements between all staff groups.
- Effective training and development opportunities for all staff, from courses to internal transfer and promotional opportunities (.
- Respect for school individuality: schools work collaboratively to grow stronger together but are not required to be the same as each other.
- Continued ownership of school improvement journey with plenty of additional support, capacity and expertise to draw upon.
- upport and guidance from a central team committed to helping schools achieve their ambitions.
- A professional and organised MAT which remains open, transparent and positive.
You can read more about CLP’s vision and values here.
Which schools can join CLP?
CLP is open to initial enquiries from all schools within the primary sector as well as from special schools. We will work with the interested school to determine what the school may bring to CLP as well as what CLP may bring to the school. Some initial informal discussion will enable both parties to decide if they wish to progress things more formally.
CLP is a DfE accredited sponsor MAT and will therefore consider approaches from schools who require a sponsor or who may otherwise require a higher level of support.
What is the process of joining CLP?
The joining process begins with informal opportunities for the interested school and CLP to get to know one another informally – this helps both sides decide if they are right for one another!
This means that the joining process would usually begin with some informal discussions.
The typical overall process of joining can be summarised in the 'Joining CLP Process Flowchart' below: